Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Dynamic hyperlinks not working

besides creating a permanent hyperlink or bringing the data into the second
workbook? No.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rohan" wrote:

Hi,

I have a excel which stores URL and its short description.

I need to have a cell in other excel to have the "short description"
from first excel and when I click on that it should go to URL given in
first excel.

I used farmula in cell of second excel like following:

=HYPERLINK('\\abc\[excel1.xls]sheet 1'!$G$7,'\\abc\[excel1.xls]sheet
1'!$F$7)

This works only when first excel is open.

When I close the first excel it has correct URL value and description
but when clicked it doesnt take to the URL.

Do you know any way to get around this issue?

Thanks,
Rohan