Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
lucidr[_6_] lucidr[_6_] is offline

Default Programmatic export to CSV

Dave Peterson Wrote:
Not so random...

Column Delimiters Missing in Spreadsheet Saved as Text

(It actually describes missing delimiter, but if some are "missing",
maybe the
ones appearing are "extra".)

Ahh ...I was (slowly) coming to a 'similar conclusion'
(http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=564635). The length of the
header determines the extra columns in the first few rows.

Dave Peterson Wrote:
Maybe you could write your own exporting program that would behave
exactly the
way you want

Cheers ...this is the Babylon 5 ('last, best hope') option ;-)

Dave Peterson Wrote:
(or maybe you could build your own formula and copy|paste that single
column
into Notepad--and save from there.)

This is my favourite quick and easy method for personal use.

--
lucidr
lucidr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36699