Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matthew Cunliffe Matthew Cunliffe is offline

Default Series Collection Results in Runtime Error 1004

Hello,

I have an existing chart on a worksheet for which I am trying to update the
XValues for each series. The update works for the first series that I want
to change, but on the subsequent ones, it raises a Runtime Error 1004. The
original values in each series are all valid. If I swap the series around
(so that the second and third are before the first) then the error occurs
immediately.

Below is a cut-down version of the code I am using. The startrow and endrow
variables are normally populated from elsewhere.

If anyone could give me a pointer as to why it works for the first series
but fails on all subsequent ones I would be grateful.

Set CHT = Worksheets("Chart").ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart

startrow = 152
endrow = 196

Value1 = "='Overall Progress - Tabular'!R" & startrow & "C6:R" & endrow & "C6"
Value2 = "='Overall Progress - Tabular'!R" & startrow & "C8:R" & endrow & "C8"
Value3 = "='Overall Progress - Tabular'!R" & startrow & "C10:R" & endrow &
"C10"

CHT.SeriesCollection("Cumulative Actual").XValues= Value1
CHT.SeriesCollection("Cumulative Predictive Failed").XValues = Value2
CHT.SeriesCollection("Cumulative Actual Failed").XValues = Value3