Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Q. Mike Q. is offline

Default I need a Macro?

Can you use a formula?
In cell A1 type: =MID(B1,FIND(" ",B1,1),255)
Or if the account # is always 4 numbers/letters
In cell A1 type: =MID(B1,5,255)
then just drag down the formula as far as needed.
Next use copy....pastevalue for column A:A.
Also the "trim" function will delete any unwanted spaces

--
Mike Q.

"Mascot" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet were I have list of accounts and they are catergorized
by location in the same column. for example in Column B

1001 (Account)
1002 (Account)
1003 (Account)
1004 (Account)
1005 (Account)
J101(Location)
1001 (Account)
1002 (Account)
1003 (Account)
1005 (Account)
J102 (Location)

so it will list the accounts and then the last item will be the location.
What I want to do is have the location in column a right next to the account.
Doea anyone have a macro that can go down the list put the location in front
of the account?

Thanks
Mascot