Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Copying Multiple WorkSheets into 1 Workbook - Ron de Bruin Help

See the link above the example on my site Dan
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm#sheet

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"DanSmoach" wrote in message ...
Hi All

I want to copy the 1st sheet from every workbook in a folder into 1 master
sheet. I have used Ron de Bruins Sample code (Example 11) that I copied
below. The code works perfectly except for when copying from more than 15
sheets (or so) and I get the error "Run time error - Too many different
cell formats" or excel quits and wants to send an error report to Microsoft.
I want to merge sheets from 90+ workbooks.

Here is the code:

Sub CombineWorkbooks()
Dim basebook As Workbook
Dim mybook As Workbook
Dim FNames As String
Dim MyPath As String
Dim SaveDriveDir As String

SaveDriveDir = CurDir
MyPath = "C:\Upload Sheets"
ChDrive MyPath
ChDir MyPath

FNames = Dir("*.xls")
If Len(FNames) = 0 Then
MsgBox "No files in the Directory"
ChDrive SaveDriveDir
ChDir SaveDriveDir
Exit Sub
End If

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set basebook = ThisWorkbook

Do While FNames < ""
Set mybook = Workbooks.Open(FNames)

mybook.Worksheets(1).Copy After:= _
basebook.Sheets(basebook.Sheets.Count)
On Error Resume Next
ActiveSheet.Name = mybook.Name
On Error GoTo 0

mybook.Close False
FNames = Dir()
Loop
ChDrive SaveDriveDir
ChDir SaveDriveDir
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Dan