Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Die_Another_Day Die_Another_Day is offline

Default Any ideas on how to do this?

I don't have time to figure it all out but start by turn on the macro
recorded, use auto filtering, Copy, insert sheet and see where that
gets you. Post back if you need help. I try to get to it in a hour or
2.

Die_Another_Day
michael.beckinsale wrote:
Hi All,

I have a worksheet with approx 63000 rows of imported data populating
columns A to L.
The data is sorted so that the Column A criteria are all grouped in
consecutive rows.
The number of consecutive rows for the criteria range from approx 20 to
2000.

Column A contains the criteria and for each criteria l want to:
1) create a new worksheet with that name
2) copy and paste all the data from the rows in which column A matches
the criteria
3) always copy row1 to the new worksheet (header info)

I would really like to do this in VBA since there are approx 140 unique
values in column A ie 140 worksheets!, and l really do not fancy doing
this by hand!

Hope this makes sense, if you need any further info pls post.

All help gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Michael Beckinsale