Jon Peltier

Excel saw the dates and assumed you wanted a time scale axis.

Choose Chart Options from the Chart menu, click on the Axes tab, and
check Category for Category (X) Axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Jordan Burkart wrote:

Trying to do a simple high-low-close stock chart. I have these three items
listed for each trading day in columns on the worksheet. Also have
corresponding trading dates in a column. The chart insists on showing on
the X axis all dates, including non-trading dates. On the body of the chart
there are blanks between data points, corresponding to the non-trading
dates. How can I get the X axis to omit the non-trading dates?

Thanks in advance.

Jordan Burkart