Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GregR GregR is offline

Default counting not blank / null cells

Will, right answer wrong name, sorry. TIA

Greg
rc51wv wrote:
that worked. and it's not Tia, it's the acronym for thanks in advance

-Will

"GregR" wrote:

Tia, try subtotal(3,A1:A6000)

Greg
rc51wv wrote:
Sorry, I was a little unclear. I need to take all the cells that are not null
and add the number of non null cells together, not the number of all the
numbers/items in the cell. The cells are a list of film rolls and some rolls
have non numeric characters in them.

Currently I have 673 cells that have information in them letting me know I
have 673 rolls. What is the equation of macro that is used to add up all of
these non null cells in column A that will let me know the total number of
rolls I have at a glance.

-tia

"Bearacade" wrote:

Just use SUM. It will add up all numeric cells...

=SUM(A2:A60000)

The only thing is that it won't work if you have a circular reference
stuck in there somewhere

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016