Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default VB Syntax for OFFSET statement

Hi Bathan,

wrote:
Thanks for replying, Jake. I should point out that if I write the
statement:

Range("$A$1").Offset(3,0).Select,

the macro works fine. Only when I substitue Range("rows") for 3 as
the first argument of Offset do I get the error message. Does this
give some indication of where the problem is? Thanks again for all
your help.

What does this give you when run from the Immediate Window:

?Range("rows").value

If it doesn't give you 3 (or whatever value you're expecting), then you have
either mistyped the named range or the named range refers to something else.
You can check that by trying this:

?Range("rows").Parent.Name
?Range("rows").Address

Jake Marx