Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] mtonkovich@msn.com is offline

Default Simple VBA Question

Bernie - Hey, thanks for trying to help. I guess its not that simple.
I got "An Unable to Set the Values of the Series Class" error message.

If you have a chance, would you mind looking at the code below and see
if you can't figure out how I might tweak it to plot 2 series? The
code works great for 1 series. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Mike

Dim lngRow As Long
Dim lngStartRow As Long
Dim chtDeer As Chart
Dim shtData As Worksheet
Dim rngXData As Range
Dim rngYData As Range
Dim strCounty As String

'
Set shtData = Worksheets("Sheet1")
lngRow = 2
lngStartRow = 2
Do While shtData.Cells(lngRow, 1) < ""
If shtData.Cells(lngRow, 1) < shtData.Cells(lngRow + 1, 1)
Then
Set rngXData = shtData.Range( _
"B" & lngStartRow & ":B" & lngRow)
'Set rngYData = rngXData.Offset(0, 1)
Set rngYData = rngXData.Offset(0, 1).Resize(, 3)
strCounty = shtData.Cells(lngRow, 1).Value
' make a chart
Set chtDeer = Charts.Add
With chtDeer
Do While .SeriesCollection.Count 0
.SeriesCollection(1).Delete
Loop
.ChartType = xlXYScatterLines
.PlotBy = xlColumns
With .SeriesCollection.NewSeries
.XValues = rngXData
.Values = rngYData
End With
.Location Whe=xlLocationAsNewSheet
.HasTitle = True
.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = strCounty
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
.HasLegend = False
.Name = strCounty
End With
lngStartRow = lngRow + 1
End If
lngRow = lngRow + 1
Loop

Set rngXData = Nothing
Set rngYData = Nothing
Set shtData = Nothing
Set chtDeer = Nothing

End Sub

Bernie Deitrick wrote:
Try

Set rngYData = rngXData.Offset(0,1).Resize(,3)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

wrote in message ups.com...
Currently using the following code to grab an adjacent column:

Set rngYData = rngXData.Offset(0,1)

later on in the program:

.XValues=rngXdata
.Values=rngYdata

The above allows me to plot the following data:

County Year Estimate1
a 1981 500
a 1982 650

I would like to be able to add another series (or 2) and plot it.

County Year Estimate1 Estimate2 Estimate3
a 1981 500 590 600
a 1982 650 750 800

Can I adapt the above code to allow me to do this?

Mike