Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Larry M Larry M is offline

Default Macro to align multiple files by rowdates

I have 3 workbooks open and each has dates in column A with other
information in the other columns. The problem is each date is used several
times. I would like to be able to combine the 3 files and have the first
use of each date line up across. Right now, I have all 3 open and arranged
vertically. I am aligning the 2nd with the 3rd file first, th-n the first
with the 2nd. For instance, A918 in the 2nd is 2004-08-19, I then look over
in the 3rd and see that 2004-08-09 there is in A924, then I go back to the
2nd, highlight the row with A918 and insert 5 rows (one less than the
difference) - which makes the first instance of 2004-08-19 line up between
the 2nd and 3rd files. I'm sure this can be handled with a Macro, but I
don't know how to set it up. There are over 7000 columns, so it would
REALLY help! Thanks for any help!

LM