Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK[_3_] NickHK[_3_] is offline

Default HELP: can no longer open excel file in XP

If the data is in tables and you don't mind losing the formating etc, you
<<may be able pull the info out with ADO.
But given your lack off success with other methods, I'd be surprised.
As for repairing the header, you're welcome to try and understand the Excel
file format and poke around the bits. Frankly, if Excel, OpenOffice, your
repair utility et al are unable to deal with the corruption, I wouldn't hold
out too much hope. But it depends on how much you value of data.

NickHK

groups.com...
Yes, I can make a copy and I have tried Open Office with no success. I
tried another excel repair utility that reported an error in the file
header but, was unable to repair as the file is password protected.

Is there any way to recover or repair a damaged file header? TIA.

--David