Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ducky ducky is offline

Default # of worksheets limited by memory

Nicole Seibert wrote:
Hello fellow helpers,

When I query Excel help as to the limit of worksheets in a workbook I get
the somewhat cryptic message that worksheets are limited by available memory.
Has anyone experienced any limitations on the number of worksheets? I am
trying to answer this question prior to coding a workbook with the
possibility of over 200 worksheets.

Thanks,
Nicole

Nicole,

You are creating a monster. I can almost guarantee that your WB will
be EXTREMELY large, EXTREMELY slow to calculate, as well as prone to
corruption and causing excel to crash. I would recommend you store all
of your data in access or another database and program excel to pull
out the data the data that actually needs to be looked at. surely your
users aren't going to review all 200 sheets. Generally speaking, i've
found that if your spreadsheet is greater than 3-5 MB in size, you
should be working with a database.... Hope this helps

AR