Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nicole Seibert Nicole Seibert is offline

Default # of worksheets limited by memory

Good question. I am automating the creation of reports spaning three
worksheet per manager. One worksheet houses definitions and will be pulled
from elsewhere. The first two worksheets will include sensitive information
for their eyes only and hence needs to be separated from other manager's
information. Also, we need to keep these records for a year-and-a-half.
There are over two hundred managers, but depending on the information not all
managers will receive a report; I am guesstamating that there will be at
least 200 sheets.

Thanks,
Nicole

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Only bounded by memeory. Will your workbook crash with 200+ worksheets.
Depends how much stuff is on them. Here is a link to memory limits in Excel.

http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm

My question to you would be what are you trying to do that is going to
require 200 worksheets? With that many sheets will the spreadsheet be usable?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Nicole Seibert" wrote:

Hello fellow helpers,

When I query Excel help as to the limit of worksheets in a workbook I get
the somewhat cryptic message that worksheets are limited by available memory.
Has anyone experienced any limitations on the number of worksheets? I am
trying to answer this question prior to coding a workbook with the
possibility of over 200 worksheets.

Thanks,
Nicole