Roger Govier

Hi Anna

I don't think you can have copied my formula correctly.
Is your Monthly data in column B? Is your cumulative in column C?
If not you will need to modify it accordingly.

Do note the use of the $ signs in front of the B and 2 at the beginning if
the last expression. They are ther to anchor the start point to the
beginning of you data and will remain fixed as you copy down. The second B2
is relative, and will alter to B3, B4 etc. as you copy down.

=IF(B2="","",SUM($B$2:B2))
Post back iy you re using different columns, and can't amend the formula
yourself.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Anna / Ideal" wrote in message
Roger: Thank you for your response. My problem is this: When I used
this
formula and I typed in a number, that number was shown in the MTD column.
Perfect. Except when I enter a new number in the Current column, it just
put
that same number in the MTD column.

Say like this:

Current MTD
Shingle loads 5 10
Job set ups 4 8
Shingle complete 6 15

So, the next day I would just put a new number in the current column and
then I am manually changing the MTD column. I would like it to
automatically
add the new number itself in the MTD column.

Is this possible?

"Roger Govier" wrote:

With your current column being B starting with data in B2 and your MTD
column being C
In C2
=IF(B2="","",SUM($B$2:B2))
Copy down column C as far as you need.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Anna / Ideal" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where I have an "Current" column & a "MTD" column,
can
have the MTD column keep a running total everytime I enter a new number
in
the Current column?