Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
atr000[_2_] atr000[_2_] is offline

Default Excel Function for Checking Email Syntax

Mike,

Siebel dumps to a huge XLS. One of the categories is "Email" and I
wanted to be able to syntax check just that.

Thanks.

crazybass2 Wrote:
ATR,

Glad to help, but I'm unfamiliar with the Siebel dump you refer to.
Are the
emails dumped as text files or into one large CSV or XLS file? Are
you
talking about email files or just email addresses? Do you only want to
get
the "Do you want to delete?" only for wrong or incomplete emails, or
for each
entry?

Mike

"atr000" wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to create a macro/vba function in excel so that I can
get a pulldown menu to run a syntax after doing a Siebel dump of
emails?

Many of the emails are wrong or are incomplete and I wanted to have

way to go serially through these and have a "do you want to delete?
y/n" entry like that.

Have programmed lightly in perl/html before, but am very unfamiliar
with the syntax to Excel/VBA.

Thanks.

--
atr000