Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default can no longer open excel file in XP

Can you make a copy of the file?

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

wrote in message oups.com...
All,

I have a 1.3 meg spreadsheet file in excel (office XP suite). I used
the password protection feature to keep others who share my PC from
being able to open the file at will. Worked fine for a few weeks.

Now when I try to open the file I get the standard message saying file
cannot be accessed... may be read-only... server may be busy.... NONE
of which are true. Excel does not even ask for the password -- never
gets that far. Other excel file open just fine.

How do I force excel to open this file? Is there a switch I can
include with the filename that includes the password ? can I extract
the data? This is a very important file. Any help will be GREATLY
appreciated. TIA,

David

PS., This is my first time trying to open since installing IE 7 beta 3.