Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KR KR is offline

Default class module programming?

I'm about to revamp a program I wrote to take advantage of making up a class
(or several) to better organize the data and controls in my userform. I
understand the basic idea of classes (person class has name, phone, address,
birthday, etc.) but I need to learn more about two things, so if anyone can
point me to resources that have good explanations and snippets I can play
with, I'd appreciate it;

(1) "Meta classes", e.g., groups of classes. For example, instead of having
a bunch of different instances of my person class and having to sort through
all of them to see which ones work in Finance, I'd like to make some sort of
'finance group' and assign all the instances of the finance people to that
meta-class. Hopefully to loop through that meta-class when I need to pull
data from all of those instances.

(2) How to best call my meta-classes from a treeview? I'm going to replace a
series of interdependent optionbutton groups with a treeview on my
userform(office97); is there a preferred method of linking a treeview
selection (including which event(s) and possible problems) to drive which
metaclass I pull data from for the rest of my userform?

Many, many thanks,
Keith

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my