Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rmcnaught[_2_] Rmcnaught[_2_] is offline

Default Extracting comma seperated data to new sheet

In the attached XLS I have 4 columns of data. My problem is extractin
the data in columns B, C & D. I need to extract each color type to it'
own individual cell. Example: I need 131A-Dark Gray placed in cell A1
133-Blue placed in cell A2, 451-Burgundy placed in A3, etc, etc. Th
Data from columns C & D would also be placed in it's own row in th
same way. Also as you can see each cell doesn't contain the same numbe
of entries.

Is there a way with a formula I can extract the individual colo
options for each item into a new sheet or am I going to have to d
these entries manually, Yikes, I hope not I have 275 items.

I now turn this over to all the Excel gurus. Thanks in advance fo
taking the time to help

Rich

Here is some additional information that may help. Each one of th
color options in the cell is seperated by a comma so is there a way t
get the data to the left and between the commas

|Filename: Options.pdf
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5046

Rmcnaugh
Rmcnaught's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3645