Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Black Paul Black is offline

Default Count Form Button Depressions

Hi,

I protected the sheet without using a password and it seems to work OK.
Can my code be improved please :-

Sub Test1()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Calculate
With Sheets("A").Range("H20")
.Value = .Value + Application.Sum(Sheets("A").Range("H18:J18"))
End With
ActiveSheet.Protect
End Sub

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Paul Black wrote:
Thanks for the reply Jim,

I left out the line of code ...

Dim CurrCount As Long

... for "A" and incorporated the line of code ...

Range("A1").Value = Range("A1") + 1

... which worked perfectly.
I incorporated the line of code for "B" ...

Range("a1").Value = 0

... which also worked perfectly.

Thanks for the reply RBS,

I will also try out your suggestion.

Thank you both.
All the Best.
Paul

RB Smissaert wrote:
You can leave the:
Public lCountButtonA as Long
as it is or take it out.

In other places replace lCountButtonA with:
Cells(22, 9)
You may have to do:
Sheet1.Cells(22, 9) or whatever sheet that cell is on.

Nil else to be done.

RBS

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks RBS,

Unfortunately I am new to VBA and am unsure of how to incorporate this
into the existing code.

Thanks again.
All the Best.
Paul

RB Smissaert wrote:
OK, it will be the same.
Just replace the variable lCountButtonA with:
Cells(22, 9)

RBS

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the reply RBS,

What I ideally want is the count of the depressions of Form Button "A"
to appear in Cell I22.
The code I am using for Form Button "A" is :-

Sub Testl()
Calculate
With Sheets("A").Range("H20")
.Value = .Value + Application.Sum(Sheets("A").Range("H18:J18"))
End With
End Sub

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

RB Smissaert wrote:
Make a public variable in a normal module (at the top), say
something like lCountButtonA, so:
Public lCountButtonA As Long

In form A have somehing like this:

Private Sub CommandButtonA_Click()
lCountButtonA = lCountButtonA + 1
End Sub

In form B have somehing like this:

Private Sub CommandButtonB_Click()
lCountButtonA = 0
End Sub

RBS

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone,

I have a Form Button called "A". I would like to count how many
times
it is pushed.
I also have a Form Button called "B". I would like the count of Form
Button "A" to reset to ZERO when Form Button "B" is pressed.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul