Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Borg Borg is offline

Default How do I insert Text Box in ActiveCell

I'm trying to create a macro to insert a Text Box (Autoshape) in an
Active Cell.

I used the VBA macro recorder to create an initial macro, but have no
been able to have the text box placed in the active cell. I trie
modifying the code, but each time it places the text box in the area
originally recorded the macro. I'm a beginner.

Here is an example of the vba code without modification:

ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle, 222#, 69.75, 72#, 72#)
_
Select
Selection.ShapeRange.ScaleWidth 6.26, msoFalse
msoScaleFromTopLeft
Selection.ShapeRange.ScaleHeight 0.97, msoFalse
msoScaleFromTopLeft
Selection.Characters.Text = ""
With Selection.Font
.Name = "Arial"