Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Excel's Backbone

Similar to Chip's post based on the age of Excel I would have to say the
original code would have been C. However based on the current architecture of
Excel I would have to say the majority of the code would now be object
oriented so C++ would be the order of the day (The properties and methods
model is kinda obvious at this point). As to whether all of the code it
object oriented (since C++ will compile procedural C code) it is hard to say
whether the entire thing would be OOP.

This is all just idle speculation on my part...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Pflugs" wrote:

Out of shear morbid curiousity, I'd like to know what programming language
Excel is written in. I would usually guess Visual C++, but since it is so
steeped in VB, I'm not sure.

Anybody have a clue?
Pflugs