Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] Timothy.Rybak@gmail.com is offline

Default Help me automate a macro

application.text(date,"yyyymmdd") is AWESOME! A single line of code
that does exactly what I need.

Now, the last piece of the puzzle is how to run the macro at a given
time each day. Would it be better to set the macro to autorun when
opened and then create a windows scheduled task to open the file every
day, or is there some way to leave the file open and have the macro
automatically kick off at a give time each day?

Tim

JMB wrote:
Or application.text(date,"yyyymmdd") in your code.

" wrote:

I have an Excel report that I have to run every day. It requires one
piece of manually entered data. I have to type in the date in the
format yyyymmdd (ex. 20060713). If I could figure out a way to get
this data into the program automatically, then I could set the macro to
run on a schedule and I wouldn't have to do it every morning.

Any help is appreciated.

TIm