Michael

Hi Max,

Thanks, your suggestion does address the limitation.
Strange that Microsoft is aware but not doing anything about the 1000 row
limit.
Just curious if there is any good reason for this.

Regards

Michael

"Max" wrote:

Think 1000 is the limit for items to display in the autofilter droplist

Try Debra Dalgleish's coverage on this at her page:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits
for a possible workaround
(Look under "Limits to Dropdown Lists")
--
Rgds
Max
"Michael" wrote in message
Have a huge file, 29000 rows with 6 columns.

Ran a auto-filter but the filter stops at the "1001" row.

Thought that I was quite familiar with auto-filters until this.

Can anyone please help tell me what's worng or what I should do??

Thanks in Advance

Michael