Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mjack003[_24_] mjack003[_24_] is offline

Default HTMLElementCollection Dilemna

NM solved my own problem. For those of you that have a similar problem
or need help automating IE. This was my solution. Figured out how to
generate a collection of both tables with the same name. Then select
the second one by using the index within the collection.

Sub NatothInfo()
Dim ie As InternetExplorer
Dim myPageHtml As HTMLDocument
Dim crap
Dim wkData As Worksheet
Dim elemColl As IHTMLElementCollection
Dim tr
Dim tbl
Dim lastrow As Long

Set wkData = Worksheets("Data")

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
ie.Visible = True

ie.navigate "http://blah/cgi-bin/blahblah.pl"
Do Until ie.readyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE: DoEvents: Loop

With ie.document.forms("F001")
..project_id_pulldown.Value = <value
..xl_or_html.Value = "HTML"
..output_format.Value = "ALL"
..submit
End With

With ie
Do While .Busy: DoEvents: Loop ' Loop until page is loaded
Do While .readyState < 4: DoEvents: Loop
End With

Set myPageHtml = ie.document
Set elemColl = myPageHtml.getElementsByName("<tablename")
Set tr = myPageHtml.body.createTextRange
Set tbl = elemColl.Item(1)

tr.moveToElementText (tbl)

tr.Select
tr.execCommand ("copy")
ie.Quit
Set ie = Nothing

With ActiveWorkbook
..Worksheets.Add
End With
ActiveSheet.Name = "Junk"
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="HTML"
Selection.Copy
wkData.Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

mjack003
mjack003's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5141