Bob Phillips

I thought that when I tried it, and I tried it, but it didn't seem to work
then. I wondered if it was down to MODE, but thought I would post and you
might know the solution. Darn thing works now though, must have done it
wrongly.

Bob

"Harlan Grove" wrote in message
"Bob Phillips" wrote...
JE's formula does have one, significant IMO, advantage over that one,
in that it works if there are empty cells in the range, the second
errors out.

The other formula could be adapted.

=INDEX(rng,MODE(MATCH(rng&"",rng&"",0)))

That'd take care of blank cells. There's still another problem: if there

are
only distinct entries in rng, MODE will return an error.