Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dalbin dalbin is offline

Default User permissions for ranges

Thank you for your input.

Actually, though, that was the first thing I tried before making this
posting. It didn't record anything pertinent. I believe the commands are
nested too far into the Excel dialog boxes, that the recorder does not record
what I am setting.

Here is what it recorded:

Sub ProtectSheetsMacro()
ActiveSheet.Protection.AllowEditRanges.Add Title:="Testing",
Range:=Cells, _
Password:="tennis"
End Sub

Please reply with any other ideas.

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Turn on the macro recorder (Tools menu, Macro, Record new macro)
while you set permissions, and you'll see the code to do what you
want.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"dalbin" wrote in message
Is there any way, programmatically, to set user permissions for
a range?

Basically, I want to use the functionality that exists when I
go to:

Tools / Protection / Allow Users to Edit Ranges ...
Then, when I click on the "Permissions" Button, I can add a
user or group.

The assigned user or group then has permissions to modify the
range without
a password.

Thank you, in advance, for your help.