Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Limit entries to combobox

Daniel,
Look at the .Style, .MatchEntry and .MatchRequired properties of the
combobox.

NickHK

"Daniel Bonallack" wrote in
message ...
I have a combox box on a form, and let's say it is populated with the

months
of the year. I've left it blank, so that as the user types "J a " then
January pops up.

How can I stop the user for typing in a word that isn't in the dropdown
list? Let's say they type "Decmeber" (so they spell it wrong"). Is there

bit of quick looping code to check whether the entry is valid?

Also, there are 12 comboboxes on my form, so if there is a way to handle

all
of them efficiently, even better!

Thanks in advance,

Daniel