Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default XLA File Size Decrease

Mark,

probably he did not compile the code.

BTW you should be using Rob Bovey's Code Cleaner (if you arent already)
http://www.Appspro.com

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.2 Beta now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"Mark Dev" wrote in message
All,

I am currently using Excel XP (SP3) and created a complex Add-In, which I
passed along to another programmer. The other programmer opened the
Add-In and made a very minor VBA code change and then saved the XLA. The
file size of the XLA shrunk from 6MB to 4MB. He is also using Excel XP
(SP3). I ran a Sourcesafe compare on the code modules and they are all
identical (with the exception of the two lines he changed). There are a
few hidden worksheets, that are also unchanged. Does anyone have any idea
what would cause such a huge change in file size?

Thanks,
Mark D'Agosta