Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Wally Steadman Wally Steadman is offline

Default summing totals from varied number of workbooks

I am trying to consolidate totals into one workbook from a varied number of
other workbooks that are saved in the same folder.

All workbooks are identical, just filled out by different users weekly.

workbooks are named

user1.xls
user2.xls
user3.xls
etc...

all workbook names start with USER and are followed by a number .xls

There is a sheet in each workbook called TOTALS which calculates from other
sheets in the workbook

The TOTALS sheet in each book has a range of information from B2 to P27.

The Master.xls has an Identical TOTALS sheet and I would like cell B2 in the
master to be the sum of cell B2 from the TOTALS sheet from all USER
workbooks in the folder.

And Cell B3 to be the the sum of Cell B3 From the TOTALS sheet from all USER
workbooks in the folder.

The number of USER folders must be flexible as each week there may be a
different number of USER files in the folder.

all files, including the master file would be saved in c:\tracking folder.

I am sure I have to do some For Statements and probably some while
statements, but have never worked with a non set number of files before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wally Steadman