Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel RS[_2_] Nigel RS[_2_] is offline

Default Toolbar event management

Hi, keepITcool and Bob
Thanks for the suggestion I will give them a try.

Cheers
Nigel RS

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I wouldn't try to pass a value in that way, I would set the Parameter
property or the Tag proeprty to that value, and test it i the macro

With Application.CommandBars.ActionControl
MsgBox .Tag
End With

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Nigel RS" wrote in message
Hi All
I have built a custom toolbar (code snippet below), the control button
OnAction calls a subroutine with a single parameter.
The subroutine simply displays a MsgBox informing the user of the status,
with a single OK button to cancel the Msgbox. However the user has to

press
the OK control twice to cancel the MsgBox. I have established that
subroutine runs twice!

Can anyone explain why this happens and how to prevent it?

code snippet follows....
Sub BuildTB()

Const tbName = "CFAM_TB"
Dim NewMenuBar As CommandBar
Dim NewMenu As CommandBarControl
Dim NewItem As CommandBarControl

Call RemoveMenus(tbName)

Set NewMenuBar = CommandBars.Add(MenuBar:=False)
With NewMenuBar
.Name = tbName
.Visible = True

With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton, _
temporary:=True)
.FaceId = 2817
.OnAction = "ExportData(1)"
.Caption = "Send All"