Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Simple Excel Ques?

Directly though Excel (not using VBA) I am affraid you can not do what you
are attempting. You can only read the return value of the function in the
cell, not the text of the function itself... Just wondering, how is it you
will not know what function that you have in the cell? maybe there is some
way to work around this...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Mike" wrote:

Hi everyone,

Say I have in cell B2 a function like this: "=If(c2=5,1,0)" OR this
"=1+34*x" and I want to check from cell F5 to see if what I have in B2
is like this:

if(or(b2 = "=If",b2="=1"),.....)

I don't want to put the whole function just the 1st part of it; if it
has "=If" or "=1"

How can I do so?

Thanks,
Mike