Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default autcompletion

I have already told you the answer, but you don't seem to be paying attention.

=Indirect(M70)

as the source for the list or as the ListfillRange isn't going to evaluate
to =cdc

If I put cdc in M70, then

Insert Name define
Name: List5
Refersto: =Indirect($M$70)

I did that, then I put a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar and set
the ListFillRange to List5 and it worked fine for me.

or if I put a data=Validation with list option in a cell and in the list
option specifiy
=List5

Again, it works fine.

Tom Ogilvy

"jad" wrote:

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

the validation list for the second column should be a defined name that has a
refers to formula =Indirect(M70)

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

i know and that is what i expect it to be.. so if for example i choose lets
say "cdc" in first column .. i expect the validation list for column N70 to
be = INDIRECT(M70), which should evaluate to = cdc, where cdc is an already
defined list.. so i woul expect to see on my current cell a ComboBox that
would allow me to choose from the values in the cdc list... but it is not
like that... the ComboBox list is empty...