Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] aidan.heritage@virgin.net is offline

Default setting numberformat for -ve numbers

You can find all that you need by just formatting a cell as a given
format, but

#,##0.00 would give the comma

bsobaid wrote:
Thanks, and how do I say to put comma as a thousand separator ??

" wrote:

It's a custom format,

0.00;[Red](0.00)

(it's a variation on one of the standard formats, but with the addition
of the brackets)

bsobaid wrote:
Hi,

I want to set the numberformat property such that if the value in cell in
whole sheet is a -ve number then it should be displayed in red color with
brackets around it.
What should I set the numberformat property to ??
Is there a list of values available that numberformat can be set to ?

Thanks,