Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dotNeter dotNeter is offline

Default Help! Single cell owning 1024 chars caused exception

Thx Peter.

I want the return type is Object, that is more easier for future
processing. So I can't use Cells property to retreive the data. I'll
have a try.

BTW, I can't find any documentation describing Formula property cannot
handle more than 1024 chars. Where is it? Undocumented?

Peter T wrote:
Cell's formula property cannot handle more than 1024. However a cell can
contain, but not display, up to 32k characters. Maybe you can read the
.Value property.

Regards,
Peter T

"dotNeter" wrote in message
ups.com...
I found that if a single cell includes greater than 1024 chars, using
property Range.FormulaR1C1to read content from the cell must cause an
exception, say

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A03EC): Exception
from HRESULT
: 0x800A03EC
at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(Strin g memberName,
BindingFla
gs flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Range.get_FormulaR1 C1()

However, same code, just after keeping chars less than 1024 in a single
cell, everything is ok.

Is it a Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel implemenation error?
I used MS Excel 11.0 Object Library.

Thx in advance!