Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Subaddress for a chart in Excel

Try something like

ActiveWorkbook.Workbook.Sheets("Chart1").ChartArea .Name

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Robert" wrote in message
I'm writing an Access database with links to Excel. In my Excel
spreadsheet,
I have a chart that I would like the database to link to.
However, the Excel
chart is situated not into a part of a normal worksheet, but in
a separate
worksheet/tab of its own, if you know what I mean. The chart's
worksheet/tab
is titled "Chart1".

So, what subaddress should I use for Access to be able to link
to the chart
itself, rather than to the whole Excel spreadsheet? I tried
"Chart1", but it
doesn't work as I think the program is looking for a range such
as
Sheet1!A1:C10 or something similar that I don't have for the
chart.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert.