Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Counting cells with Invalid Data

It depends upon what determines invalid, but all you need to do is loop
through the data and test against that rule, incrementing a counter as you
go.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Brad E." wrote in message
XL2003

I am circling invalid data at the end of my worksheet_change event so the
user can see what is wrong. Is there a way to count, or even a boolean
command so I know not to show the user the final tally?

Depending on which cell has invalid data, sometimes the spreadsheet will
still calculate it's total values. If I could paste a count (TRUE) into

cell
E50, then E49 could be set to only display the total if E50 is zero

(FALSE).

TIA, Brad