Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default load event when specific workbook is opened

Not sure what you mean by "specific event to be active as that workbook is
the active one". An event cannot be active. It is something you respond to
by putting code in its signature.

If that WB is not active, its Workbook_SheetActivate will not fire.
Unless you turn off events (Application.EnableEvents=False) all events are
available in the active WB/WS depending where the code resides.
If you use Application Level Events
(http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm) the whole of Excel is available
to you.

NickHK

"itsthebike" wrote
in message ...

After reading many threads on this topic, I still can't come up with the
proper coding to do what I want to do. When I open a specific workbook,
I'd like for a specific event to be active as long as that workbook is
the active one, and I'd like that specific event to activate for any
worksheet within the workbook.

I have used the Auto_Open event, and I thought I should call the
Workbook_Activate event from the Auto_Open. This doesn't seem to be
working. Suggestions for a workable solution??

--
itsthebike
itsthebike's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559201