Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charlie Charlie is offline

Default How to extract email addresses to new column

if you want to use formulas, not VBA, and your addresses and phone numbers
are separated by a single space try this (assuming your list is in column "A")

in cell "B1" enter the formula

=LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)

in cell "C1" enter

=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1)-LEN(B1))

then select cells "B1:C1" and drag (copy) them down to the end of your list

"Inquirer" wrote:

I have a large spreadsheet with email addresses lumped together in the
same column as phone numbers. I am trying to extract the email
addresses and place them in a new column within the same worksheet.

I don't have much of a background in setting up macros or formulas.

Any suggestions?