Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
James McDowell[_2_] James McDowell[_2_] is offline

Default Connection object vs. Opendatabse on Databaseobject

I have SQL that has worked using the Database Object and Recordset objects.
I have switched to a connection object in place of the database object so
that I am able to define the user and password for the DSN (please do not
suggest going DSNless, can't get it to work). In my original SQL I used the
line "Last(myDATABASE.myTABLE.myDATE) AS LastOfmyDATE". The SQL worked fine
when I used a Database object, but I'm not sure why the connection object
does not accept the "Last" functionality. The table has the MyDATE fiels
defined as date/time and I found out earlier today that the connection object
requires the SQL to be changed to enclose dates in single brackets. Not sure
if it has any bearing on the subject.
I am pulling records and I need to be able to only pull the last instance
Can anyone suggest a replacement for the last.

Thank you,

Jim