Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Paste numbers

Hi Sally,

Thanks Norman but the code just does not work ... and it does
not remove the blanks

It works for me, but perhaps I do not understand your data.

Also it takes a very long time

There are ways to increase speed, but these would be pointless if the macro
does not funtion!

. I think it is better to use the
code that I got from recording the macro. The code is:

Private Sub findAndRemoveBlanks()
Cells.Select
Selection.Replace What:=" ", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False
End Sub

Your original request was to remove blanks from non-alpha cells.

How will your suggested code differentiate types of cell content.

If you wish, you may send me a sample of the data to be converted:

norman_jones@NOSPAMbtconnectDOTcom

(Delete "NOSPAM" and replace "DOT" with a full stop [period] )

---
Regards,
Norman