Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Excel add-in that may help the color blind

Hi Jim,

Nice work.

I did a very quick and dirty test with the speech method, as Bob
mentioned. If you can not already use speech in excel via the Tools
Speech option this will not work.

Format a cell and then do the right click and view the information. This
will then load all the correct settings in to the captions of the
context menu. (Obviously with your access to the code this step would be
redundant).

Then in the immediate window enter the following line.

for i=1 to 4:application.Speech.Speak _
application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls(_
"Colo&r Information").controls(i).caption:next i

You have probably already seen this...
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...ing-worksheet/

Cheers
Andy

Jim Cone wrote:
Bob,
Interesting concept, however, I have avoided all contact with the
Speech capabilities in Excel. Doubt if I will change now.

As simple as it may sound, the existing Determine Colors program
was very difficult to write. Peter Thornton's invaluable help is the
only reason it was completed.
For some fun, try to determine the actual border color displayed
when there are three different colors applied to the same edge. <g
Regards,
Jim Cone

"Bob Phillips"
wrote in message
Jim,
Haven't tried it, but how about tying it into the speech add-in and get it
to echo back the colours? Now that would be useful.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info