Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Brown Gary Brown is offline

Default Adding a row on Open

The code worked fine for me.

2 suggestions however...
1) change Today to strToday
- this puts you in the habit of using traditional nomenclature for
variables
- this stops issues that can arise from using the same name as a funtion
Today()
2) put a '.' in front of your code
Rows("4:4").Insert Shift:=xlDown

so that if you are on another worksheet, the row will only be inserted on
worksheet(4)
ie: .Rows("4:4").Insert Shift:=xlDown

Sorry I couldn't help more.
Have you tried stepping through the code to see where something might be
going wrong?

Sincerely,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select 'YES' at the bottom of the
post.

"I Maycotte" wrote:

Hi everyone,

This might seem trivial to many but I don't seem to understand it why I
am having trouble with this. I have the following code

Code:
--------------------
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim Today As String
Today = "=Today()"

With Worksheets(4)
If .Cells(4, 1).Value < Today Then
Rows("4:4").Insert Shift:=xlDown
.Cells(4, 1) = Today
End If
End With
End Sub

--------------------

As you can see, I want to compare a cell with today's date. If it's
not today's date, then add a new row (since data will be added). The
code looks correct to me, but I don't doubt something is wrong since it
obviously is not working properly. Everytime I open the workbook, it
adds a new row regardless whether cell A4 has today's date or not.
Does anyone have any insight as to what may be going on?

Thanks in advance.

-- Isaac

--
I Maycotte