Kassie

Hi Danny,

Not quite sure what you want. You refer to "a set of numbers". From that I
deduce that it could be any one of several numbers? If so, then your formula
can read =IF(OR(A1=123,A1=231),C2-1,""). If it should fall within a
specified range of numbers, maybe something like
=IF(AND(A1=100,A1<=150),C2-1,""). I used the "" as you do not say what
should happen if the criteria is not met.

Hope this helps
--
ve_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

"DannyV" wrote:

I want to set up an If Then formula whe

IF A1= a set of numbers to bet entered by the user, then D2= C2-1

I am new to working with excel and hope this is enough info to answer the
question.