M Vincent

Jon, I actually have more severe troubles than your message indicates.
Frequently, even when printed, or viewed in print preview, axis labels will
be clipped. I currently have my desktop "extended" across two monitors at
different resolutions, which likely compounds the problem. I have very
erratic success when I copy a figure from Excel and paste into Word or
PowerPoint (or from PP into another PP presentation, etc). Even when
"pasting/special/Enhanced Metafile" sometimes the image will be okay,
sometimes it will be skewed or the axis truncated.
The problem occurs even when I unhook the external monitor. I do recall the
problem was much less severe on my old laptop with a standard screen and
lower resolution. I've tried every combination of screen
settings/fonts/other I can tolerate, but nothing will allow consistent
results. Recently, I altered my screen resolution while having a PowerPoint
chart active, and it altered the chart settings so dramatically that I could
never recover a working chart.

Sometimes my PowerPoint presentations can look perfect, I can email the
final presentation to a client, and the axis labels will be trucated for him,
both on his screen and in print. Pretty frustrating.

I've tried updating video drivers with no change. Thanks for your thoughts,
though.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

I had a cut at the article a year ago, and was underwhelmed, because the
problem has been occurring since long before the existence of any "wide
screen display that has a greater width to height ratio than 4:3".

Since then I've tried to help categorize conditions that lead to the
problem, but since none of my machines are susceptible to the problem,
it's hard to track down.

Others have reported that updating their video or monitor drivers have
helped (but some say it didn't help).

The only saving grace is that these charts (seem to) display properly in
print preview and on the printed page.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP