Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office,microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.oleinterop
lumpjaw lumpjaw is offline

Default Linking and embedding question.

Hello,

Here is a scenario. I have a folder which I am going to use various forms
from we will call this the template folder.
I have an excel file called information.xls
I have a word file called work.doc
I will use the two files over and over again and create new new directories
in which to put them.
I will change information in the spread sheet r1:c1

What I want to do is create a link, embedded object or hyperlink (not sure
how to do this) from the word document to the excel document (as source)
I want to reference r1:c1 in the spreadsheet. and put it into the word
document.

Like I said I want these two files to be templates of sort, so wherever the
two files are together it will know where to get the information.
I do not want to change the linking source information each time I copy.

Is there a way to link an item and reference it like this...

\\information.xls

and not like this...

c:\template\information.xls

Thanks.

--

Please post your responses to this newsgroup so that
we may all learn from your expertise.

-lumpjaw