Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Yandl Steve Yandl is offline

Default How To Maximize A Window From The Task Bar

Create an instance of the Word application and take advantage of its 'tasks'
collection. Use the visible, name, and windowstate properties to locate
instances of the application that are minimized to the task bar and then use
the activate method to activate that minimized application.

Excel doesn't have the same tasks collection but it's easy enough to borrow
from Word.

Steve Yandl

"FourBlades" wrote in message
I need to maximize a program that is in the task bar. I'm using VBA from
within Excel. I already used AppActivate but it only works if the other
application is ALREADY maximized. I also tried using some calls to the
Windows API, but they also would only bring a window to the top if the
window
was ALREADY maximized. I coundn't get a window that was minimized to be
the
window on top. Well actually, I came close, but the main problem is
FINDING
THE HWND for the window that is minimized in the task bar.

If someone could give me at least the code to find the hwnd to the
minimized
window, I cound probably figure it out from there as long as there is a
call
that will maximize at the same time.

Hope I was clear enough.

Thanks