Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default highlight with right click?

Hi Jim,

You are quite correct!

Amending, therefore the code:

'=============
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick _
(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
Cancel = True
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
End Sub
'<<=============

Thanks for the remonder!

Norman

"Jim May" wrote in message
Norman:
Seeing this reminds me (daaa) - seems like a double-click caused excel to
think you wished to Edit a cell and thereby a Cancel = True line needed to
be
entered -- before proceeding with the code. Can you clarify my confusion?

Thanks always for you great contribution to these NG's..

Jim May

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Newbie,

Perhaps a the response to a double click would meet your needs?

Try:

'=============
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick _
(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 '<<== CHANGE
End Sub
'<<=============

This is worksheet event code and should be pasted into the worksheets's
code
module (not a standard module and not the workbook's ThisWorkbook
module):

Right-click the worksheet's tab
Select 'View Code' from the menu and paste the code.
Alt-F11 to return to Excel.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Newbie" wrote in message
is there a simple way to color a cell with a right click (excel2003) ?