Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Driscol[_2_] Mark Driscol[_2_] is offline

Default Logon Dialog prior to Open Database connection

You can set up a UserForm with Textboxes on it to capture the
information, and then use the user entries in your code.

Mark

Mike wrote:
Hi,

I'm using this code to open a database connection using ADODB inside VBA.
What I would like to have is a dialog so that users must enter their
username, password and DSN name. I don't like to have this information
written in the code. I know that I can protect the code but still since there
are several users using the same sheet. It will be easier for me to maintain
it.

Thanks

Public db as new ADODB.Connection

sub test()

db.open "DSN name", "Username", "Password"

end sub