Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
A[_3_] A[_3_] is offline

Default 2 IF THEN STATEMENTS TOGETHER IN ONE FORMULA

Thanks - I figured out in a round about way by having it return two
columns, one of which all says false and then another IF statement to
pick whichever column is not false. Not the best but it works

Tim Williams wrote:
=if(and(F6="b",G6="b"), "N", if(and(F6="n",G6="n"), "N", "P"))

or something like that

Tim

"A" wrote in message oups.com...
Hi -

I'm having trouble figuring out the following formula

If F6 = b and If G6= b then put N otherwise put P BUT if F6= n and G6 =
n put N otherwise put P.

Does that make sense - having trouble with the double if then statement
- what do I put in between to connect them. I keep gettting an error...
thanks